Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Captiva Island Time


Well I missed the second showing of snow in the ATL. I was at Captiva Island in south west FL. Its a very cool island just north of Sanible Island. It takes about an hour to get there from the Ft Myers airport. I arrived Friday and made it back Sunday night. I had a really great room that looked out into the harbour of the resort. The resort does look a bit dated with that 70-80s contemporary style especially around the conference area and front desk. Later I found out that hurricane Charley leveled most of the resort and they rebuilt it back to its exact charming 70-80s dated looking contemporary style. Nice, I think the website for the resort describes it as being posh....Not so much. don't get me wrong my room was very nice and comfortable, but there are 100 other places in FL that look just like it. If you love old FL charm this is the place for you. If not I recommend the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota FL.

3 comments:

SqueakyClef said...

Shouldn't a Corona be sitting on the table? Maybe Scrappy can crop one in for ya.

Kim said...

http://scrappingenius.blogspot.com/2008/01/updated-beach-shot.html

Rich said...

Great job Kim!