Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Truck Time and Transmission

I got a new truck, Chevy Avalanche!!. Its very nice and just like I thought, you can get a deal if you are going to get a gas guzzler.I was going to see about trading my Blazer in but it has a "service engine soon" light on and I didn't want them to knock money off the Blazers value. I took it to Advanced Auto Parts and for free they will check your cars computer. Most car places charge you $70-$90 to do this. So with 1 month left 2200 miles left it needs a new transmission because the parts to repair it cost just as much as a new one. There is a lesson somewhere in all this.

1.The Blazer drives fine and you would never be able to tell that there is anything wrong with it. 2. If your "service engine soon" light is on, it really can be something serious.
3. Don't procrastinate if you have an extended warranty.

So right now my truck is at the Chevy dealer and the warranty people are sending a claims adjuster to look at it. I guess to see if they are really going to cover it. I had never purchased an extended warranty in the past because in FL I has some good connections to get things fixed,but here, not so much. Needless to say I bought an extended warranty on my new truck and still spent less than I had planned. Oh yeah, April and Kim I will make sure and drive my big car on days that we work out.
.